Monday, March 28, 2011

A Thing of Beauty



I love beautiful things.  I think any and all who haunt these blogs and websites do as well. Before I was a designer, before I was a blogger, before anything, I loved beautiful things.  Be they grand or humble, I have always loved the thrill of the hunt and the subsequent finding of the "prize".
 I know. The definition of the word prize is as infinite as the number of us devotees.

For today's enjoyment, I offer this.


This is a silver-plated hotel turkey platter and dome.  It is absolutely huge, measuring 30" long x 20" wide.
It takes some muscle to lift it!  It has a crest engraved on the front and the scalloped tray is substantial.

Something about a beautiful object that has been loved, used, and cherished by many before us makes it so much more meaningful than anything brand new.

(When I leave this old world, they'll probably have to pry this from my dead cold hands!)

5 comments:

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Be still my little green envious heart. Love, love, love that piece.

Mona Thompson said...

Absolutely. This piece is fabulous! I would die to have it. What a great find.

Vickie H. said...

WOW!!! Would you just PLEASE fess up to how you came to have this gorgeous piece in your possession? Even though the rest of us have no hope of EVER finding one like it...!

Southern Chateau said...

Hi Vicki,
It came from an estate sale.

Unknown said...

So lovely! I have the covered serving dish to match this and adore it. I bought it at a garage sale. I can't tell where its from, but just see keen&page plymouth on the bottom. Do you know the name of the pattern?