Thursday, January 29, 2009

Random Rants and Raves Friday


Once you get to know me you will discover that I sometimes, every now and then, like to have myself a little rant. And occasionally a little rave as well. So I thought Fridays would be a good time to post these since my brain is already in TGIF mode anyway.

Mini Rant

I have had a lovely, limited edition Holland Berkley giclee hanging in my our master bedroom for some time. Here is a picture:



Somehow, my husband talked me into switching it out for this, a 42" Panasonic flat panel TV. Here also a picture.

Now, I'll say this right now. No one can ever accuse me again of being a **** decorator who only cares about how things look. I think this was so generous and selfless of me, I have instructed my kids to include this story in my eulogy.

RAVE:
Owen, my seven month old grandson has learned to give sloppy little kisses to his Nonnie and let me tell you, they make my day!




Isn't he precious?

Before I go, I also have an interesting quote to pass along:

"Everything you want in the world is just right outside your comfort zone." - Jennifer Anniston, Vogue December 2008

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK, I learned something today. I did not know what a "giclee" was; I had to look that one up. (there's a good entry on this on Wikipedia.) Pronounced "zhee-clay" - fun word!

I think I would have fought for the Holland Berkley, though - very nice . . .