Monday, March 30, 2009

From My Inspiration Board




Claude Monet (1840-1926)



This quote is one I took from my "inspiration board" this morning. It's just a big bulletin board in my office at home on which I tack up various quotes, pictures, fabric samples, etc. Although I would never be so presumptuous as to place myself in a category with the great Monet, I certainly think that I totally understand what he is saying here: color in a designer or artist's world is an absolute obsession. It brings you joy when the right one comes to you, and it brings you torment when you are searching for just the one that is perfect and it seems to elude you. Seeing color this way is both a blessing and a curse. But I am sure that Monet was thankful for this glorious gift of loving color and so am I.



3 comments:

ara133photography said...

Lovely blog!! I know what you mean about it being a blessing and a curse (I don't put myself in that category either but I agree with your statement!!) - exactly... it can be maddening when you're trying to find the perfect color, or trying to get a painting 'just right', or creating a photo to show a mood you feel... Your inspiration board is a great idea - I've recently started one, and it's such a joy to look at the little pieces/things I love! :)

Southern Chateau said...

Thank you for coming over and commenting! Your photography is great and I'm sure you as an artist relate to this post.

Anonymous said...

Great Site. Was added to mybookmarks. Greetings From USA.