Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trend Alert: The Bird Motif


A huge trend I spooted at market is the bird motif.  I saw it in lots of places, but two of the most recurrent were lamps and pillows. 


I really love the black and charteuse combo here.



A lot of the pieces have a botanical, Audubon kind of feel to them.


Here is a triple-trend; the bird motif, charteuse, and the uber-hot turquoise color on one pillow.



A very airy fern and bird lamp shade.



Again, bird+turquoise


Being a designer, I really like the partial chandelier and bird design.

This is one of my favorites.


A bird in the hand....


I like this shade with the green-turquoise coloring, the bird motif, and the slim horizontal shape.

(For pricing, contact me.)

5 comments:

Tee said...

All beautiful. I'd love to own any of them except, oddly enough, the first pillow with the turquoise blue. I searched in vain this summer for a wallpaper with just birds and vines - no flowers - for my dining room. They were all either antique, hand printed, or both. I would ask the price of that last lamp, but you know how it goes. If you have to ask...

Maria Killam said...

The bird trend goes right along with the leaves and wall stencils we are seeing everywhere! Very cool.

Southern Chateau said...

Yes, very cool. Very much aligned with everything green, as well.

Lara Harris said...

I love all of these!Very pretty!

Amy said...

just discovered your beautiful blog.. i've been seeing this trend everywhere too.. it's all over pottery barn.