Monday, July 13, 2009

Design Stars at the Atlanta Market


I just got back from a weekend at the summer market in Atlanta. It was the usual dizzying aray of new and exciting products, as well as lots of walking and very tired feet. But something new this year was a feature called b inspired : home design showcase. It was essentially an exhibition of interior rooms created by six of America's most celebrated designers featuring product from the showrooms of AmericasMart Atlanta and the Atlanta Decorative Arts Center. The featured designers were Robert Brown of Robert Brown Interior Design, Suzanne Kasler of Suzanne Kasler Interiors, William Peace of Peace Design, Matthew Quinn of Matthew Quinn Collection, Stan Topol of Stan Topol & Associates, Inc, and last but not least, Carole Weaks of C. Weaks Interiors, Inc.

A shot of Suzanne Kasler's space. Many of the furniture pieces are from her collection for Hickory Chair.

Another shot of Kasler's design.


Carole Weaks' design


I'm sorry that I wasn't able to bring you photos of all the spaces, but we weren't able to get shots of them all.
I was also fortunate enough to attend a panel discussion moderated by Traditional Home magazine with Suzanne Kasler, Eileen Boyd, and Barclay Butera. I will report on this ASAP.

4 comments:

Maria Killam said...

Those x ottomans are so great. I did them in a master bedroom for a client this year that I have yet to post (because I still need to photograph the space).

Thanks for your sweet comment !
xo
Maria

Sanity Fair said...

This just sounds like so much fun - wish I'd known it was going on. Thanks for the chance to live vicariously!

sophiedahydesigns said...

I just got back too. Unfortunately I was so rushed, I didn't have time to attend any of the seminars. Next time maybe!

Southern Chateau said...

I actually stumbled upon this, but I was glad to have the chance to see it.