Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In Honor of The Skirted Roundtable

A skirted table from my own living room

I love to listen to The Skirted Roundtable discussions every week. Joni, Megan, and Linda are real-life designers like many of us with many of the same challenges and rewards that come with this crazy business. They put real faces and voices out there. I think that is what draws us to this format so much; real world design as opposed to the almost deity-like authority that comes across when we read the design magazines. Don't get me wrong. I truly treasure many of the better magazines and horde my back-issues like prized antiques, but hearing our blog mentors and friends verbalize what we all struggle with is often just what the doctor ordered.

6 comments:

Linda Merrill said...

Carol - thank you so much for the shout out, we really appreciate all your support!!

cotedetexas said...

Aw thanks! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your slipcover!!! I"m going to put this on the left side! thank you!!!

PoshPagoda said...

Can you tell me where I could buy or have a table skirt like the one in your living room made?

Southern Chateau said...

PoshPagoda, we make both the table and the slipcovers custom to fit your space. If you will e-mail me I can tell you the specs for the one I have and the price or we can do one for you that fits your space. Thanks so much for the inquiry. Carol

Rindy said...

Love your paint color in this pic! Do you mind sharing the name of it?

Justin Loiera said...

I really appreciate the efforts you have made for this blog.Awings nz