Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year, New Hopes

It's a new year and a good time to reassess, reorganize, and prioritize. This applies to our homes as well as any other area of our lives. Every year, after I put away all the holiday decorations, it helps me see my home in a more clear perspective. This year, instead of the usual New Year's resolutions that I never seem to keep, (you know the ones; lose weight, exercise more, etc., etc.),I decided to make a few having to with my home. Here is my list. Hopefully I'll be more successful with these resolutions than my usual ones!
  • Clean out the clutter, not worrying about decorating at this point, just de-junking.
  • Define once again those things I truly love and edit out the rest.
  • Practice the art of resisting trends. (very hard to do in my business!)
  • Whenever I do make a purchase, go for quality. Or wait until I can.
  • Be happy with what I have. ( Sadly, I cannot own everything in the Atlanta Merchandise Mart simultaneously!)
And a good quote to remember as we make these resolutions:

" Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." (William Morris)

Happy New Year!

No comments: