Monday, December 28, 2009

The Week Between


How do you spend the week between Christmas and New Year's?  I try to take a little time off and just relax.  When my children were still at home it was a week to just be together without the hustle and bustle of shopping and holiday decorating.  Now that the nest is empty, my husband and I still try our best to put work on hold if possible and spend a little time around our own hearth.  We took out the gas logs a few years back and went back to a real wood-burning fireplace.  It's a fairly cold night in East Tennessee tonight with lows in the 20's.  So I will sit next to this fire with a stack of design books and magazines and dream about a new year and new designs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love a wood fireplace. We built in 2004 and opted for wood over gas. I think it just adds more ambiance with the crackling and popping and then there is the smell wafting through the house.

Happy New Year.
Victoria and Jeremy
http://tori-macgregorscottage.blogspot.com/

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh I have just found your beautiful blog. Isn't it exciting finding a new one that you just connect with straight away! I am spending this week getting all my paperwork in order. I dropped my bundle when my boys started school holidays. With the lead up to Christmas, I was exhausted. Now, time to tidy up and get everything in order for 2010! Happy New Year and nice to meet you! A-M xx

Southern Chateau said...

Victoria and Jeremy: Happy New Year to you both, too! And yes, there is no replacement for a real fire. Just one of those things that can't be manufactured.

A-M: Thank you so much! I'm glad you found me! Happy New Year and so nice to meet you as well!