Saturday, February 16, 2013

Never Chase After Anyone



This is good advice.  In all aspects of life.  Including online.  Do you chase after people online that never give you the time of day in return?  Never read your tweets, posts, updates when you constantly high-five them?
Then stop!! 
Stop feeding the egos of narcissistic people who feed off the joy of ignoring the people who admire them.  If the person is someone in your field that you like to follow, then admire them from afar, but stop giving them more fodder to make themselves feel more superior and you feel worse.
 
A narcissist is a narcissist is a narcissist.  They ain't ever gonna change.  So move on and give your attention to people who deserve it and care about you back.
There.  I feel better already.  Don't you?

6 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Amen to that.

The Feathered Nest said...

Two thumbs up!

Scribbler said...

I couldn't agree more! I have written a couple of posts along these lines myself. I enjoyed looking back through your blog.

I hope this comment goes through because I have had a lot of trouble with Blogger today.

Anonymous said...

You are so right!!!! I rarely leave comments dut to that very thing. I remember being impressed with Heather Bullard"s blog some time ago and I comented on it. She was the most gracious person and made me just want to keep following her. You are like a breath of fresh air to the bloggers....I appreciate you and people like you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

I think most people feel like I do. We are so appreciative of you for taking the time to make things more beautiful in our lives. WHen people tend to think a "little too highly" of themselves...it is time to let them know!!!We've watched as some of the bloggers ahve gone from small( not taking many sponsors) to not being able to even see the original "home page " of the blog for the sponsors. Sponsors are great...have no problem at all with them. I think people should be realistic about them!!!!

Southern Chateau said...

To my two Anons: Thank you for reading and commenting. I am a blue-jeans, roll-your-sleeves-up, designer. I believe in humility. I believe in less Ego.